Considered one of Montana’s most cherished wildlife administration areas is situated on the chopping block. The Montana Division of Fish, Wildlife and Parks is now a full accomplice within the brutal conflict the logging trade is waging towards nature. The FWP proposes to liquidate (machine report) roughly 1,500 acres of prime wildlife habitat within the Blackfoot-Clearwater Wildlife Administration Space (BCWMA).
You heard that proper, Wildlife Log. Registration for personal capital service nearer to the reality. Which is healthier, personal capital or wildlife? The report at all times appears to be like and sounds higher when shrouded in a prefabricated, disingenuous narrative of the timber trade, creating confusion and apathy within the fishing neighborhood, and an actual sense of delight and manhood within the governor’s workplace.
Do not be fooled once more, looting means sure loss of life and forest destruction. When large machines begin tearing the jungle to items, wild animals and native fish will attempt to escape. However the place can they flip that which isn’t already funded right into a farm producing nothing however government-owned items?
Folks additionally learn…
The excellent news is that FWP is accepting public feedback, no later than January nineteenth. This does not give hunters and anxious residents a lot time, however that is the sport of life and loss of life the federal government is taking part in within the Blackfoot-Clearwater space.
Involved residents can entry the Draft Environmental Evaluation (DEA) of the Donnie Lake Forest Habitat Enchancment Challenge at fwp.mt.gov/public-notices/information/2023/jan/doney-lake-forest-habitat-improvement-project-draft-ea.
Expedited registration with a 15-day public remark interval precludes significant public participation, a proper assured by the Montana Structure.
FWP should obtain feedback no later than January nineteenth.
Factors to contemplate in your feedback:
1) Carry out an EIS with a whole financial evaluation that features non-monetary values and advantages (pursuits).
2) Has the FWP consulted with the US Fish and Wildlife Service to acquire a “allow” for grizzly bear, lynx, bull trout, whitebark pine and wolverine that “could also be current” within the challenge space?
3) Is there any proof that elk and different ungulates are missing meals, are ill, or are in declining inhabitants within the challenge space?
4) The place is the supply of funds for submitting public information for personal lumber corporations at a loss to Montana taxpayers? What federal cash is being paid for this challenge?
5) Please present forensic proof to help the idea that the forest is “unhealthy” and in want of “remedy”.
6) Please describe how logging reduces hiding and thermal cowl for elk and different massive animals, displacing them to neighboring personal land. Is there a “hidden agenda” to advertise pay-to-play sport farming and to extend charges/income?
7) Please disclose how logging disturbs the soil, which contributes to the unfold of weeds and reduces organic and genetic range.
FWP lists most of the purported advantages within the DEA’s purported “Objective/Want”. Let’s unpack a couple of baggage now.
“Large sport foraging enchancment” is a euphemism. FWP is attempting to cover cows. The general public might discover it insulting or upsetting to know that chopping down bushes to extend forage is at all times an indication of a number of cows competing with massive packs of sport for restricted forage. Most canned company accounts that “promote development and regeneration of aspen” try to cover cows. Cows and large sport like to chew on aspen leaves and twigs.
“Encouraging low-intensity wildfires” is propaganda that ignores the dry circumstances and excessive winds that result in massive wildfires – the “therapies” do not work.
Logging is about cash and management. Gaslighting hides the truth that it is a heist made to appear like a present from Santa.
Logging down bushes to enhance forest well being and wildlife habitats is a nonsensical fantasy. Corrupt Montana politicians demand a gentle stream of information in help of mill house owners and financial institution parasites who exploit taxpayers for revenue. Finish this insanity, remark right this moment.
Steve Kelly is a Bozeman artist, horticulturist and president of the Fish and Wildlife Council.