The literary arts introduced the finalists for the 2023 Oregon Ebook Awards on the morning of Tuesday, January 24. A panel of judges from exterior Oregon chosen 34 titles from throughout the state, highlighted within the classes of fiction, poetry, nonfiction, artistic nonfiction, kids’s literature, YA, and drama. As well as, this 12 months’s awards embrace two literary legacy awards, honoring Pulitzer Prize-nominated poet Gary Miranda and celebrated kids’s creator Don Prochovnik.
Among the many notables is Amy Lund, whose first novel, Boy with a sparrow in his nation launchedAnd It discusses themes of interstitial house in society by the story of a boy navigating the challenges of residing with a java hen in his chest. Dane Liu Biography Picture Ebook, Associates are associates without end It tells the story of the creator’s emigration.
Emmy-nominated screenwriter and novelist John Raymond’s newest titles, denialAnd Stand to convey the creator to him Second Ken Kesey Prize for Fiction.
Lydia Yuknevich to pusha time journey novel set within the 12 months 2085, It might convey the Portland creator her fourth Oregon Ebook Award. Casey Parks, as soon as Oregonian The reporter now covers gender and the household’s concern Washington Put up, She was nominated for her memoir/report on the story of homosexual historical past within the South The New York Occasions referred to as “Directly dewy and studious, capricious and beneficiant, sympathetic and stern.”
Luke Burbank, host of the stay public radio present Carrying electrical wire and contributor to This American Life, Wait Wait Do not Inform Me, CBS Sunday Morning, and others, You’ll host the ceremony.
7:30 – 9pm Monday third April | Portland Middle Theater on the Armory, $12-65.
Try the total record of nominees under.
Ken Kesey Prize for Fiction
- Cyndia Bhanu of Corvallis, Discovering Wealth Elsewhere: The Tales
- Kay Emmons from Eugene, sunken islands
- Amy Lund from Portland, The boy with a hen on his chest
- John Raymond of Portland denial
- Lydia Yoknavitch from Otis, to push
Stafford/Corridor Poetry Prize
- Matthew Dickman in Portland, training
- Michelle Glazer from Portland, fretwork
- Janice Lee is from Portland Separation anxiousness
- Amy Miller in Ashland, Astronauts
- Eric Tran from Portland, Mouth, sugar and smoke
Frances Fuller Victor Prize for Public Literature
- Anita Hanig in Portland, USA. The Day I Die: The Untold Story of America’s Assisted Dying
- Lauren Kessler in Eugene, Free: Two years, six lives, and a protracted journey residence
- Leah Sutil in Portland, When the moon turns to blood
- Deb Fanas of Warrenton, Roaring Sea: Treachery, Obsession, and Alaska’s Most Precious Wildlife
- David H. Wilson Jr. of Portland, North Paiutes of the Malheur: Excessive Desert Reckoning in Oregon Nation
Sarah Winnemucca Inventive Fiction Award
- Laurie Easter from Portland, all crap
- Garrett Hongo from Eugene, Good Sound: Memoirs in Stereo
- Laura Lafayette in Portland, USA. Possums Run Amok: A True Story Instructed Slant
- Casey Parks of Portland, Diary of a Misfit: A Memoir and Thriller
- Anne Stinson in Portland, The Land at My Toes: Preserving a Household and a Forest
Eloise Jarvis McGraw Prize for Kids’s Literature
- Zoe Abbott in Portland, Pig, horse and one thing scary
- Kathy Camper in Portland, USA. Arabic Arab all 12 months spherical!
- Dan Liu from Portland, Associates are associates without end
- Trudy Ludwig from Portland, Courageous daily
- Kari Tillotson of Tigard, Counting to Bananas: The Largely Fruit Ebook
Leslie Bradshaw Prize for Younger Grownup Literature
- Waka T Brown from West Linn, Dream, Annie, Dream
- Jonathan Case from Portland, Little Kings
- Suzanne Hill Lengthy from Portland, USA. Take care and save Freddy
- Gene Reese from Portland, Each hen is a prince
- Sonya Thomas in Portland, Sir Fig Newton and the Science of Consistency
Angus Bomer Drama Award
- Sarah Jean Accordi in Portland, USA. The narrator.. the storyteller
- Louis from the Monitor, Dorothy Dictionary
- Wealthy Robin from Portland, Russian troll
- C.S. Whitcomb of Wilsonville, Appearing Guide
Stewart H Holbrook Literary Legacy Award
- Gary Miranda from Portland
Literary Heritage Award for Younger Readers Walt Murray
- Daybreak Bruchovnik Portland